Aircraft Jet Fuel
On August 12, 2019, your permit, license and/or account will move into the new CDTFA online services system. For more information on our online service enhancements, see Special Notice L-598. This change may require customers or agents to create a Username and Password for the new system on and after August 12, 2019.
If you already have a Username and Password to log in and file your return for a Sales and Use Tax, eWaste, and/or Tire Fee account, no additional action is required as you will be able to view all your accounts in the new system on and after August 12, 2019. If you currently use the online services system to file your returns for any of the accounts above and have not yet created your Username or Password, please go to our Login webpage and click on Sign Up Now to start the enrollment process. For video instructions, visit our tutorials page on our website.
Due to our system upgrade, the last day to file a return online or warehouse a payment is August 6, 2019. Please note: Cigarette distributor or manufacturer returns must be submitted no later than 6:00 a.m. (Pacific time) on Tuesday, August 6, 2019, in order to be processed. You will not be able to file a return online or warehouse a payment in the existing system after August 6, 2019. Functionality for these services will be available in our new system beginning August 12, 2019, at 12:00 p.m. (Pacific time).
The Jet Fuel Tax program involves the taxation of Aircraft Jet Fuel (AJF). AJF is any inflammable liquid that is used or sold for use in propelling aircraft operated by a jet or turbine type of engine. The tax is imposed for the privilege of using or selling aircraft jet fuel. The tax is imposed on every aircraft jet fuel dealer measured by the number of gallons of fuel sold to an aircraft jet fuel user or used by an aircraft jet fuel dealer. The fee for this program is collected by the State Controller's Office. Your check or money order should be made out to the State Controller's Office.
- Revisions to the Claim for Refund on Nontaxable Sales and Exports of Diesel Fuel and Launch of New Online Services System Effective August 12, 2019
Make a Payment
- Payments are made to the State Controller's Office
- Product Code Table – Sorted By Product Code Number, CDTFA-810-FTA
- Product Code Table – Sorted By Product Type, CDTFA-810-FTB
- Postal Abbreviations Table, CDTFA-810-FTC
- Schedule Code Table, CDTFA-810-FTD
- Instructions for Preparing Schedules and Schedule Descriptions, CDTFA-810-FTE
- Generic Disbursement Schedule, CDTFA-810-FTF
- Generic Receipt Schedule, CDTFA-810-FTG
- FTH Airport Table Code (Sorted by Airport Code), CDTFA-810-FTH
- FTI Airport Table Code (Sorted by City), CDTFA-810-FTI
If you have questions regarding this program or need to register with the CDTFA, please contact Special Taxes and Fees at the following address or telephone number:
Special Taxes and Fees, MIC: 88
California Department of Tax and Fee Administration
PO Box 942879
Sacramento, CA 94279-0088