Use Fuel Tax

The use fuel tax is imposed on the use of certain fuels on the highways of the state, rather than the sale or distribution. Generally, all fuels that are used to propel a motor vehicle and are not defined as either motor vehicle fuel (primarily gasoline) or diesel fuel will be taxed under the Use Fuel Tax Law.

Special Notices

Information About



Returns & Reports

Make a Payment

Forms & Publications


Related Websites

Contact Us

If you have questions regarding this program or need to register with the CDTFA, please contact the Motor Carrier Office at the following address or telephone number:

Motor Carrier Office, MIC: 65
California Department of Tax and Fee Administration
PO Box 942879
Sacramento, CA 94279-0065

Telephone 1-800-400-7115
(TTY: 711)

Email Your Tax Questions