Laws, Regulations and Annotations
Business Taxes Law Guide – Revision 2022
Motor Vehicle Fuel Tax Law
Revenue and Taxation Code
Division 2. Other Taxes
Part 2. Motor Vehicle Fuel Tax Law
Chapter 8. Administration.
Article 2. The California Taxpayers' Bill of Rights1
8262. Education and information program. (a) The board shall develop and implement an education and information program directed at, but not limited to, all of the following groups:
(1) Taxpayers newly registered with the board.
(2) Board audit and compliance staff.
(b) The education and information program shall include all of the following:
(1) A program of written communication with newly registered taxpayers explaining in simplified terms their duties and responsibilities.
(2) Participation in seminars and similar programs organized by federal, state, and local agencies.
(3) Revision of taxpayer educational materials currently produced by the board that explain the most common areas of taxpayer nonconformance in simplified terms.
(4) Implementation of a continuing education program for audit and compliance personnel to include the application of new legislation to taxpayer activities and areas of recurrent taxpayer noncompliance or inconsistency of administration.
(c) Electronic media used pursuant to this section shall not represent the voice, picture, or name of members of the board or of the Controller.
History—Stats. 1999, Ch. 929 (AB 1638), in effect January 1, 2000, added "and compliance" after "program for audit" in paragraph (4) of subdivision (b).
1Article 2 was added by Stats. 1992, Ch. 438, in effect January 1, 1993.