Laws, Regulations and Annotations
Business Taxes Law Guide – Revision 2022
Emergency Telephone Users Surcharge Act
Revenue and Taxation Code
Division 2. Other Taxes
Part 20. Emergency Telephone Users Surcharge Act
Chapter 7. Administration.
Article 5. The California Taxpayers' Bill of Rights*
41162. Education and information program. (a) The department shall develop and implement an education and information program directed at, but not limited to, all of the following groups:
(1) Taxpayers newly registered with the department.
(2) Department audit and compliance staff.
(b) The education and information program shall include all of the following:
(1) A program of written communication with newly registered taxpayers explaining in simplified terms their duties and responsibilities.
(2) Participation in seminars and similar programs organized by federal, state, and local agencies.
(3) Revision of taxpayer educational materials currently produced by the department that explain the most common areas of taxpayer nonconformance in simplified terms.
(4) Implementation of a continuing education program for audit and compliance personnel to include the application of new legislation to taxpayer activities and areas of recurrent taxpayer noncompliance or inconsistency of administration.
History—Stats. 1999, Ch. 929 (AB 1638), in effect January 1, 2000, added "and compliance" after "program for audit" in paragraph (4) of subdivision (b). Stats. 2021, Ch. 432 (SB 824), in effect January 1, 2022, substituted "department" for "board" throughout; deleted subdivision (c).
* Added by Stats. 1992, Ch. 438, in effect January 1, 1993.